|From:||24 Arrad Street, Liverpool, Merseyside, United Kingdom (UK)|
|Type of session:||Via Skype, Secure Video Call, In-Person|
|Specialty:||Depression, Mood, Self - Esteem, Stress|
|Target Age Group:||Adult|
I offer a counselling relationship within which you feel safe and can explore whatever is causing you distress. With warmth, empathy, humour and respect, I will help you to discover ways of living more resourcefully and authentically, and will try to understand you and your experiences without being in any way judgemental.
I am a counsellor, coach and counselling supervisor, having trained at Liverpool John Moores University, PCCS and the ILM, and have been working in private practice since 2001. I am an accredited member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) and am on its Register of Counsellors and Psychotherapists. My experience includes:
* staff counsellor with the Office of the Deputy Prime Minister;
* affiliate counsellor with several UK Employee Assistance Providers (EAPs);
* private practice since 2001 (Actuality Counselling);
* volunteer counsellor with the Young Persons Advisory Service (YPAS) in Liverpool;
* counsellor with the British Association for Performing Arts Medicine (BAPAM);
* GP surgery counselling service;
* online counselling;
* counselling supervisor; and
I provide a supportive relationship in which you will feel safe enough to explore the problems you are facing, in ways which respect your values, abilities and culture.
Perhaps something has been troubling you and you feel it might be helpful to discuss it with someone who is neither a friend nor relative but who will listen to you and help you understand your situation; maybe you need support during a difficult period; perhaps you aren’t even sure what the problem is – you simply have a vague feeling that things are not quite right. People bring a wide range of problems to counselling but it is not necessary to identify a specific issue before coming.